If you are shopping for a hearing aid, you should know that there is a wide variety of sizes and different levels of technology to choose from. A long time ago it was not uncommon to see a person wearing a body aid or a large, bulky BTE aid. Times have changed. Hearing aids are smaller than they used to be. Even a relatively small BTE aid, or sometimes an ITE aid, can be worn by someone with even a severe hearing loss.
- Digital Processing
- Best for speech understanding in various listening situations
- Automatically adjusts to sounds. Often no volume control
- Many have computer chips that emphasize speech sounds - cuts down on background noise
- Can be fine-tuned through hearing aid computer in the audiology office
- Variety of sizes
- Less interference with cellular telephones